Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, March 14, 2013

He is KOKAYN


 “I am Kokayn”
Devon “Kokayn Reynolds is a “Jack Of All Trades.” This man does it all!! With his Production/Publishing Company and his foundation called Center Of Attention, what can’t this man do? Having the opportunity to work with big names in the music industry like Joe Budden, Kokayn is unstoppable. “With music being part of my life since I’ve been young, my sound is unique. I had to find people to make my sound deliver properly.”  Mr. Reynolds was inspired by a lot people to name a few Timberland and Dr.Dre. He gives his mother a lot of credit for his success. “My mother is a warrior. The way she took care of me and my sister. She’s so strong even during times of weakness.” When asked what challenges Kokayn faces being in productions he says, “I face the challenge of learning that it’s a lot to learn. Once you introduce sounds, they have to blend. Others challenges that are hard to face are dealing with people and always being true to myself.”  Getting into publishing was more a business move for Mr. Reynolds.  He says that being able to make money off you instead of other people making money off you. There is no limit to the kind of writing Kokayn does. “I’m an emotional writer, I write short stories and some poetry.” Being involved in many different avenues, Devon also is involved in three different cinematic movies, soundscapes for a couple movies, and a series called The New You Inside Of You which tailors to a healthier lifestyle for people. With all of these roles that Mr. Reynolds play he manages them with balance. “Over my years of being in the military, it taught me to balance. When you have the help of God, I’m able to balance everything.”  The hardest challenge that Kokayn faces is to learn how to stop caring about others instead of him. “Dealing with the mental anguish of being in a war, learning to care about myself was a hard lesson to learn.” With his Women’s Empowerment foundation, Center Of Attention, it started in 2011. “ Myself and another artist made Center Of Attention a song, a feel good song. But, I wanted to do something to give back. The foundation helps women in shelters and helps provide them with hotels, food, and women transition once they are out of shelters.” Kokayn is very dedicated in helping the youth of this generation. When asked his opinion on how society views this generation he states, “Our current generation doesn’t know how we are to look. Slave mentality is in our current youth, mentality slavery as far as music and life. They don’t know about handling money. They don’t know how to count to twenty in Spanish but they can teach em how to “dougie”. As a father, I limit what my son sees. Kids are like sponges and they soak up everything on TV, there almost programmed to it.”  Devon “Kokayn Reynolds is very talented and passionate about what he does. Whether it’s music, a foundation, productions, or publishing, this man won’t be forgotten. If you don’t know him now, stay tuned because you will see more of him!! Kokayn is on fire!  The best is yet to come!
“Only on the brink of total destruction does a man discover the will to change.” ~Kokayn

Written by: Krystol Diggs

No comments:

Post a Comment