Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

All about Author L.Leander



L.Leander 






Exclusive Interview With L. Leander

    1.    When did you write your first novel?  I began writing my first novel, INZARED, Queen of the Elephant Riders, three years ago.
    2.   What genre do you write?  The Inzared series is Young Adult Historical Fiction.  I plan to write a mystery next year.
    3.  What is the name of your latest novel and what is it about?  INZARED, Queen of the Elephant Riders is my first (and latest) novel.  Bertha Maude Anderson has no inkling of how famous she will become when she leaves her Appalachian home in 1843, joins a Gypsy Circus, becomes Inzared Queen of the Elephant Riders, finds love, solves a mystery, and begins to understand who she really is.
      4. Do you find that being an author hard to generate readers of your genre?  Truthfully, I haven’t heard from one reader who is in my targeted age group.  Instead, I have an adult readership.  That’s fine with me and so far it hasn’t been difficult to get readers.
     5.  I saw recently on your blog that you wrote about the KDP Select program, was that successful to you and did you generate sales?  The KDP Select program was very successful for me.  I held a very successful promotion, sales increased and I received more reviews.
     6. What genres do you like to read? I’m pretty eclectic in my reading tastes.  I love true crime, suspense, mystery, fiction, biographies, non-fiction – you get the drift.  The only thing I’m not crazy about is Sci-Fi.
    7.    Are you open to reading different genres that aren’t your comfort zone, why or why not?  Absolutely.  With the Indie Movement and my love of reading I have been offered many novels that are not my favorite genre.  I love that because I find new favorite authors.  A book doesn’t have to be in a “genre” for me to like it.  I’ll read anything that’s well written and holds my attention.
8.   As an author myself I sometimes experience writer’s block. Do you experience writer’s block and if so what coping skill or mechanism do you use to get back into writing?  Writer’s block is the black cloud that hangs over all writers, I think.  It strikes when you least expect it and sometimes it’s hard to climb out of the funk.  I have to make myself sit down and start writing, turn off the Internet, and focus.  It always works, but sometimes not as fast as I’d like!
 9.   What is your writing process?  I’m a “panster.”  I don’t like outlining, although I do a minimal amount to keep people and events straight while I write.  I need to be inspired and if I’m in a quiet room with a computer it’s not hard to find.  Once I start writing I don’t worry about how many words or hours I write.  When I’m done I stop and go back to my normal routine.  Some days I write all day and others I write a couple of hours.   
  10.What advice can you give to aspiring authors?  Never quit.  Even if you get reviews you don’t like, people tell you you’ll never make it, you get writer’s block, or the manuscript you submitted doesn’t get accepted.  I could paper a wall with all the songwriting rejections I got before I got published.  Perseverance pays off, just like my dad always said.
11. What or who inspires you to write?  My husband is a gem.  He does household chores and leaves home so I’ll have quiet time.  My daughter always has words of encouragement.  My parents instilled the love of reading – how can I go wrong?
  12How long have you been conducting interviews, and do you think that process is difficult? Do you ever get nervous when conducting interviews?  I’m new to conducting interviews but I don’t find the process difficult.  I don’t get nervous because I am pretty used to being on stage as a singer/songwriter. 
 13. On a day that you are not writing, what are you most likely doing?  Sewing, reading, knitting, painting, or playing music with friends.
  14. Who are you favorite authors and have you had the pleasure of meeting them?  My favorite authors vary.  I love Thomas Hardy, Stephen King, Harlan Coben, Amy Tan, Barbara Kingsolver and Ann Rule.  If I could meet any one it would probably be Stephen King.  I have so many questions I’d love to ask him.
15.  What’s next for Linda Baumann?
 I’m currently writing the next book in the Inzared series.  I expect it to be published in 2012 and the third will be written and published in 2013.  I have other manuscripts in the works, but haven’t been inspired to work on them lately.  I think a mystery is around the corner?




Purchase L.Leander Book  



INZARED LINKS


Amazon Author Page:  www.amazon.com/author/lleander

Video Trailer for INZARED, Queen of the Elephant Riders:  http://youtu.be/lQHtsFQGAP0

Website:  www.lleander.com


Linda, thanks for the great interview. I look forward to interviewing you again once your next book comes out! 






No comments:

Post a Comment