Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, September 10, 2012

Peaches N Cream by Cherie Johnson


                        

                           It's Cherie Baby!!
                             Peaches N Cream

Exclusive Interview by Krystol Diggs         
                                                       

1. Where did the concept for Peaches N Cream come from?
 Peaches came from my name Cherie and Cream is a hood term for money. There is a fruit in every hood and I happen to be the fruit in mine. LOL No its not about my life but I will say Peaches and I do have some things in common. Our hustles are not the same but our work ethic is.

2. How long did it take you to write the book?
    I wrote the bulk of the book in a month but it took me two years to  finally let it go and share it with outer people.

3. Did you read other books in the genre of Peaches N Cream to help you write the book? 
   NO Not at all. I didn't want any outside influence on my imagination. 

4. I see that you have written two other books, what inspired you to keep writing? 
   Writing is really my therapy. I have so much stuff that is written I   could release a book for the next 20 years.

5. How is it being Cherie the actress, producer, to now being Cherie the author?
 My mind is always stimulated, acting is my passion, producing is my challenge and writing is my therapy so it all makes my passion stronger because now I create characters that are fulfilling and I would like to play. 

6. What advice can you give to aspiring authors? 
 Do you research, own your own work and write when it feels good no matter the time or place. 

7. If you could collaborate with anyone in the Literary Industry, who would it be and why? 

 If I could write with anyone it would be Phillis Wheatley she was a slave brought from Africa as a child and sold to a Boston merchant. I love the fact that like so many Wheatley spoke no English but by the time she was sixteen, under the tutelage of her owners, had mastered the language. Her interest in literature led her to write and publish Poems on Various Subjects in 1773. If I could just sit with her for an hour and soak up her knowledge. Or the wonderful V.C. Andrews I admire her family for taking over her estate and continuing to put out books even after her death.

8. What age were you when you starting writing? 
 I wrote my first song at 4 years old on a napkin. I gave the napkin to my Uncle Tyrone whom is a musician when he took my lyrics and turned it into a song I was hooked. LOL I actually thanked him in Peaches & Cream because he has always been a huge inspiration in my creativity. I also used the relationship between him and I as my muse for the relationship with Peaches & cream and her uncle.

9. Aside from being an author, what else do you write, if you write anything else? 
  I am a columnist for Glam Couture Magazine, Dimez & Temptation magazine. As well as a  film writer I wrote the film I Do...I Did.  

10. Who can you say inspired you through your writing process since you first started?
  I am inspired by my family and everyone I come in contact with. I notice that if you put me in a room full of people I often don't have much to say because I am busy studying everyone around me.


11. How many books do you plan on writing per year? 
  Per year I am not sure really I would love to release at least one a year but I don't feel pressure to. I learned from Peaches & Cream its best to release when my heart says ok now...that's the nice thing about being your own publisher no pressure. I'm all into doing what feels right. With everything in my life if it doesn't feel right in my gut I don't do it no matter how much money is at stake.

12. What is your writing process? 
  It usually starts in the middle of the night with my head racing. When I feel it I just release. With little to know organization or rhyme and reason.

13. With Peaches N Cream, what part would say was the most difficult to write? 
The most difficult part of Peaches & Cream for me to write was the part that touched on the young girl Cherry. Why she was brought into the United States and her relationship with Peaches. I know its a story that happens every day thats why I wanted to write about it because it is based off of a true story right out of New Jersey. Girl I was hurting my own feelings and breaking my own heart I had to keep putting it down and go back to it later just because I was disturbed.


14. What is your favorite genre to read? 
I love fiction but old non fiction makes my heart warm and something about the early poetry from African American Authors always captures my heart. I mean like from the great Langston Hughes, Countee Cullen. It gets no more meaningful than them to me.


15. In the future do you see yourself writing in different genre's? 
  So far I have 2 novels and a poetry book. My old publisher had asked me about my autobiography so that is already written but I felt it was to early so I wouldn't let it go and I am glad I didn't year because its not time. Also I have some insight on a few different subject for some self help books as well. So yeah I plan on tackling quite a few genres.

Biography
Cherie Johnson is an actress/writer/producer. After her role on the television sitcom 'Punky Brewster,' Cherie co-starred in a popular 90's sitcom 'Family Matters' as the best friend of Laura Winslow. She also had recurring roles in 'The Parkers' and 'Days of Our Lives.' In addition, she started an after school recreational program -- Off the Streets -- for kids whose parents work late nights. More recently, Cherie wrote, produced and starred in the movie 'I Do ... I Did!' on DVD & BET, along with a long list of other available and upcoming DVDs. Now, Cherie has embarked on a new career as an author with her AAMBC Award winning novel "Around the World Twice" and a poetry book "Two Different Walks of Life". She recently founded Cherrific Publishing becoming her own publisher. Her new release Peaches & Cream will be available August 2012.

                      


                                                                  





Purchase your copy of Peaches N Cream
 http://www.amazon.com/Peaches-Cream-Cherie-Johnson/dp/0615674704/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347334399&sr=8-3&keywords=cherie+johnson

 Cherie, thanks a lot for allowing me to interview you again. I wish you much success in all of your endeavors!! Readers, definitely go check out Peaches N Cream! It’s available on amazon.com and in Barnes N Noble stores!! It’s an awesome read! 

No comments:

Post a Comment